Basis library changes
From Successor ML
- generic functionals
- matrix multiplication
- Add id : Failed to parse (Missing texvc executable;
please see math/README to configure.): \alpha \rightarrow \alpha , fst : , and snd : Failed to parse (Missing texvc executable; please see math/README to configure.): \alpha \times \beta \rightarrow \beta
to General module.
- The addition of currying/uncurrying helpers to General module (or perhaps a module Curry)
- curry :
- uncurry :
- (un)curryn for ?
- A standard sum type. Perhaps
datatype ('a, 'b) either = LEFT of 'a | RIGHT of 'b
as suggested by Vesa Karvonen.
- More "standard" and efficient containers, ideally with convenient notation. Somewhat predicated upon an improved overloading/typeclass mechanism.
- Queue datatype. List datatype already acts as a stack. To have both convienent notation and an efficient implementation, something like views would probably be required.
- Note: there may be systematic ways to provide both curried and uncurried forms semi-automatically. See, for example, R. Di Cosmo, Isomorphisms of types: from -calculus to information retrieval and language design, Birkhauser, 1995. see CiteSeer